This post is really just photos.

I wanted to share the amazingness that is Knotty By Nature.

Look at this store!

I could have ordered felting materials online, but I prefer to visit places in person when I can. One of the benefits, I find, is that then I have a human connection, a place to go with questions, and possibly the start of some community.

Based on my online research, Knotty By Nature is the only store in Victoria with felting supplies – at least the kind that I was looking for.

The store stocks books, magazines, and products by local artists.

The person working there, whose name I now forget, was wonderfully helpful. I was able to get everything on my list below, plus a couple of great tips, including on the proper way to pull apart felting wool – by keeping the hands far apart, so you aren’t gripping the fibres and getting in your own way.

The only mistake I may have made was in failing to get a 40 gauge felting needle. The shopkeeper insisted that a 36 and 38 would be all I needed, but I think the smaller one (higher number = smaller needle, maybe because it’s 1/40th of something?) was the right choice.

Anyway, that’s starting to get into my next post – an update on my first project. It definitely begins to answer the first question I posed in my initial felting post, “What is the practise of felting like?”

I’ll report out soon.